Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Visualization Formatting: Bar Chart Formatting : Legends to Wrap Around the Plot Width (or Height)

I hope there is some way the legend could be wrapped around the plot area's width so that each legend will set on top of one another instead of having it in a single long line right next to each other.

If that is possible you could also save that white space (left and right in my example).

Bar Chart _ Legend _ Wrap Around.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is a lot of work being done on the Matrix at the moment.  It is taking some time so I guess it is complex.  My best guess is once they sort out the Matrix they will migrate the concepts into other visuals their after.  Building software is a long and complex business.   I quickly forget that I wouldn't even use the software 18 months ago because I thought it was not good enough.  It sill has a long way to go, but it is pretty good already.  Try to find work arounds to solve these inconveniences while MS continues to improve the software.

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Highly unlikely that this is possible.  These things are very immature.  word wrap in tables is not even fully deployed yet.

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Below is a screenshot of the Custom Visual: Card with States by OKViz, I was actually hoping something similar. I think OKViz didn't overide the Title part(or there was no way to do that) because if you check this custom visual it has a toggle for word wrap for Data Label but not for the Title.

I hope they would add this feature soon, so we could maximize the space around the dashboard.

Screenshot: on the left are 2 visuals(same type) one with word wrap turned Off and another turned On)

Custom Visual Wrap Around.PNG

There is a lot of work being done on the Matrix at the moment.  It is taking some time so I guess it is complex.  My best guess is once they sort out the Matrix they will migrate the concepts into other visuals their after.  Building software is a long and complex business.   I quickly forget that I wouldn't even use the software 18 months ago because I thought it was not good enough.  It sill has a long way to go, but it is pretty good already.  Try to find work arounds to solve these inconveniences while MS continues to improve the software.

I would agree with your statements. And yes I am experimenting with other visuals (and custome ones as well) to see how impactful one is versus the other.

For this shortcoming(word wrap issue) my interim solution is to abbreviate the labels.

Thanks for the support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.