Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sixian
Frequent Visitor

Visualization Filtering with multiple OR condition

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Power BI. I need to filter a table by using some values, all in a single column. Let's call this column STATE.

Dragging the STATE column in the FILTERS area and choosing the "Advanced filtering" you can choose only two values with a OR condition.

For example Show items when the value: is A OR is B

I need to add other OR conditions, because I need a filter like Show items when the value: is A OR is B OR is C OR is D OR is Ebut it seems not possible.

How can I achieve this result?

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anuradha
Frequent Visitor

There are 2 options

1. Select Basic filtering rather then Advance filtering and choose multiple values in the check box.

Or

2. Impost the slicer from the Files> Import> Custom Visuals from Marketplace. Use State in the slicer and you can do serach and multi-select by pressing control button.

Hope this is helpful!

image.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anuradha
Frequent Visitor

There are 2 options

1. Select Basic filtering rather then Advance filtering and choose multiple values in the check box.

Or

2. Impost the slicer from the Files> Import> Custom Visuals from Marketplace. Use State in the slicer and you can do serach and multi-select by pressing control button.

Hope this is helpful!

image.png

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.