Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rginny_
Helper I
Helper I

Visualising User Journey Through Site - Sankey?

Hi,

I am trying to analyse how users navigate through our SharePoint site. I would like to see where they go from the homepage then where they go after that and after that etc. Ideally I would like to get something like this:

sankey.png

However, I am not sure how to create this Sankey with my data. I need help with figuring out how to format the data in the right way so that I can visualise it. My data looks like this:

UserIDDateTimeSite
115/10/2019 06:30:25Homepage
115/10/2019 06:31:15About
115/10/2019 06:34:02Support
215/10/2019 06:30:05Homepage
315/10/2019 06:31:17Homepage
315/10/2019 06:33:29Support
415/10/2019 07:32:15Homepage

Could someone help me figure out how to format this data so I can clearly see how users flow from one page to another? Also, if you know any other visuals that would be fit for this purpose, please let me know - I am not adamant about the Sankey, I just simply didn't have any other ideas.

4 REPLIES 4
rginny_
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Momo34 

I never found a solution 😞 Have you found anything that works ? I'd be really keen to hear about it

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rginny_ 

You may refer to the post below to add a calculated column.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Finding-the-previos-occurrence-within-same-table-based-on-o...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-chuncz-msft - this was perfect for transforming my data. However when I pull it into a Sankey unfrotunately I am not getting the expected result. My goal is to see user flows from one site through another to their end destination. Right now, I can only see where they start and where they end up but I cannot see what pages they looked at inbetween. I hope that makes sense? I'd like a Sankey that has 'multiple layers' with values inbetween the source and the target values. Do you know how this is possible?

Hi there,

did you find an answer to your question ?

I am trying to do the same but I don't know how to do it either.

Is you found, can you please share how to do it ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.