Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

maracles
Resolver II
Resolver II

Visualisation option that allows for text format data to be used as table/matric values.

Hi,

I'm trying to create a table visualisation that is all text values. The row and column headers are text, but then so are the value completing the table. For an illustration of my data see the image below:

My column headers are 'Departments'. Under each of those departments I want to list the 'Roles' within each department. My data is set-up so that each role only belongs in one department. 

The table below is close to what I want but it is using 'First' value whereas I want it to list every value. 

maracles_0-1647976059757.png

Thanks for suggestiosn .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@maracles , Not very clear. But you can create measure using concatenatex and use that

Concatenatex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du2HSEzng2E&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGaaqV92SBD5X2hk3TMNlHhb&index=43

concatenatex(Table, Table[Column], ",")

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maracles
Resolver II
Resolver II

@amitchandak I have actually tried your solution and it is working. Is there though a way of getting each value on it's own row, rather than having them all in one row but with linebreaks? 

For anyone else looking for this solution you can add Line Breaks with & UNICHAR(10) 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@maracles , Not very clear. But you can create measure using concatenatex and use that

Concatenatex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du2HSEzng2E&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGaaqV92SBD5X2hk3TMNlHhb&index=43

concatenatex(Table, Table[Column], ",")

Thanks @amitchandak - sorry it wasn't clear. If this helps I'm trying to produce a Matrix like the below:

maracles_0-1648068336515.png

My data is in two tables:

1. Departments
2. Roles

The data relationshipis one to many, with each Role linking to only one Department, but each Department having many Roles.

I just figure out to have the Roles as the value in the table.  Does ConcatenateX help in this scenario? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.