Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Philwantling
Frequent Visitor

Visualisation (blank)

Hi,

i've appended some data to my source excel spreadsheet and hit the refresh button. Only problem is, now my visualisations dont work. I;ve checked the column types, and all data seems to be correct. Any ideas?

2017-07-17_13h02_50.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Philwantling aha!

you going to laugh when i tell you what the issue is

your filter on site, it says all but its lying, only hong kong is checked, i clicked on east and boom the data arrived

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Philwantling and can you see data in your model?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Yeah, i can see the data perfectly fine. If i start a new doc and get the same data, it works fine in the new document.2017-07-17_13h28_21.png

@Philwantling so you saying in a new power bi it works find with the same visual and the data but in the current it doesn't?

i dont suppose you can share your pbix?

Hi @vanessafvg

That's correct. 

yeah, sure thing. .pbix and original data enclosed here: Dropbox

The only differece to the native data and the model in PBi are the calculated columns for total load, DCiE and PUE.

@vanessafvg there's a video here showing the issue a bit more clearly: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0sunpsyslqys2s/2017-07-17_14h27_45.mp4?dl=0

@Philwantling the only difference i can see is that in the one you use a date filter and the other you dont, with your incremental load are you sure dates are populated correctly?

@Philwantling ok scrap that i can see in the first screenshot the dates are there

@Philwantling to be honest its going to be really hard to figure it out without actually having access to the pbix,

@Philwantling aha!

you going to laugh when i tell you what the issue is

your filter on site, it says all but its lying, only hong kong is checked, i clicked on east and boom the data arrived

@vanessafvg Balls. Where on earth is that? I'm not seeing a filter?

@vanessafvg got it. Again, balls...and also, thanks.

Woman Wink

@vanessafvg There's a copy enclosed in the first dropbox link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.