Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TonyBI
Helper I
Helper I

Visualisation Append

Dear friends, I need your help with this:

I have a number of tables with the same data but different filters and metrics, as shown below (tables don´t have any relationship - this is mandatory):

TABLAS.png

I need to be able to Append every table (as a visualisation object) to show all the data in only one table. It should look like this:

TABLAS 2.png

This way, I could export all the data from only one table (the last one). Then I would be able to use that table to calculate other parameters in Power BI (Right now I have to export every single table, append the data in Excel, and then import to Power BI again). I don´t know if this is possible, but it would be great if it has a solution.

Thx in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @TonyBI 

You may use 'Unpivot columns' for each tables' Metric column first.Then append them and add a custom column as attached sample file.

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

maybe the append function from Power Query is something you might want to investigate. A very good start about this functionallity is this article:

https://radacad.com/append-vs-merge-in-power-bi-and-power-query

You have to be aware, that the combination of tables (necessary to visualize the whole content in one visual) is only possible during the execution of the Power Query queries or when the data is refreshed. It is not possible to create the table if a user selecte a different value from the slicer. This may have an impact on your table design, due to the slicers in your example.

Hopefully this helps to answer your question.

Regards,

Tom 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Dear Tom, thx for you response. Unfortunately, the append function in the query editor is not an option. This is because every table that I mentioned have different parameters (column parameter) that are calculated with differents filters, that´s why I need to be able to append the visual objects, not the tables.

THX!

Tony

Hi @TonyBI 

You may use 'Unpivot columns' for each tables' Metric column first.Then append them and add a custom column as attached sample file.

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.