Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gertjan_23
Regular Visitor

Visual works only for records in the year 2020 while using a slicer

I have a problem with my table visual. Something strange happens when displaying data in a table along with using a date filter. I use a table and date slicer where the year and month are a separate filter.

When I filter the year on 2020 I get the correct data of records in 2020, but when I switch to 2019 the table remains blank. The same is true for 2018. The funny thing is that the data is available in the dataset. There are no other visuals that affect the display. There are also no overarching filters in 'Filter'.

What could be possible causes for this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gertjan_23 ,

Do you use a measure? Or is the data from the different tables? Can you please share the formulas that you used, the  relationships among the tables and something else like sample data and expected results?

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please paste some screenshots and the structure of your model? You might have stumbled across an issue with auto-exist, especially if you don't have a proper calendar in your model.

Best
D

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Do you want to link your pbix because otherwise it is just guessing to try and answer this?

Please make sure the data is not confidential

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.