Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visual with two values, independantly filtered

Hi there,

I have a report with 1 visual, let's say a clustered column chart. That chart has 2 values.

I have 3 filter visualisations in the same report. I've duplicated these filters, so i now have 6 in total.

I want the first 3 filters to only filter Value 1 in the chart. And I want the 3 duplicated filters to only filter Value 2 in the chart.

Is something like that possible? If it's not possible with a clustered column but with a different visualisation i'd also be keen to hear more about that.

Thanks in advance
Bas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

You may try to create a Month table and use it as x-axis.Create the second same data table to get the sales.Link them as below.Please refer to below attached simple file.

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AkhilAshok
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If the filters are static (means you don't want users changing this), then you could just create 2 measures with the respective filters applied inside CALCULATE function.

If the filters has to be dynamic, then you could try clearing the filter context from respective dimensions for each measure using ALL(Table[Column]), assuming you have duplicated the columns.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AkhilAshok ,

Thanks for taking the time to help out on this. I thought it might be best for me to simply add a screenshot of what I'm looking for.

Capture.PNG

On the left and right you have the three filters, and in the middle there's the chart. I want the filters on the left to only affect the orange bars, and the filters on the right to only affect the red bars.

I've tried putting two charts on top of eachother. That works pretty ok, but the downside is that when things get filtered, the X and Y axis are changing, and it gets hard to see the actual difference. I can set the X and Y to a fixed number of 2 billion, but when you start filterin the numbers will soon go to millions and less, and you can hardly see any differences in the chart then.

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous 

You may try to create a Month table and use it as x-axis.Create the second same data table to get the sales.Link them as below.Please refer to below attached simple file.

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cherch-msft ,

That's a great idea, I would never have thought of that. Thanks for finding out and attaching the file.

It's not the ideal solution as I'm working with lots of filters and millions of rows of data that need to be duplicated to an other table, but I'm going to give it a go anyway. 

Thanks for your help!
Bas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.