Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Andvil
Helper V
Helper V

Visual with incomplete information - Relationships

Hello community,

I created relationships between tables and I want to export the visual information as xls file. In this example, I assign "employees" to some "customers", but not all customers have an employe assigned. I realized that my visual only shows the sales that have been assigned and it does not consider the sales without an employee, and instead of showing it blank, it just does not include it.

When I do not enable the "show items with no data", my visual is like this one:

relationships (with no blank data enabled).png

See that from the 668 sales, only 458 have an employee assigned. I need to see the other 210 sales even though they do not have an employee assigned.

When I enable the "show items with no data", my visual is this one:

relationships (with show blank data enabled).png

See that it still shows 458 sales from the 668. By enabling the "show blank data", it shows the available employees but it still does not show the remaining 210 sales that are not assigned to an employee. And when I export to excel, it only exports the 458 sales, whereas I want all the sales where the 210 sales that are not assigned can have a blank in the employee field.

Is this possible?

Best,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Andvil ,

Maybe you can use Measure instead of columns, like the following example.

Replace Item Column with Item Measure and put it in Values

Item Measure = 
var _x = CALCULATE(SUM('2020'[ITEMS]))
return
IF(
    ISBLANK(_x),"",_x)

V1.jpg

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please show the exact expected result based on the table that you have shared?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BTW, pbix as attached. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Andvil ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?

Could you please provide more details or expected result about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Andvil you can choose show items with no value in your visual, for example for matrix visual, you can follow the screenshot below

parry2k_0-1596484343008.png

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi @parry2k ,

I enabled the "show items with no data" option, it is the second picture of my post:

relationships (with show blank data enabled).png

As you can see, the only difference from the first picture (that does not have the "show items with no data" option enabled) is that it shows all the available employees, but it does not show the 210 sales that have not been assigned to an employee.

So I already tried your solution, do you have any other suggestions?

Best,

@Andvil where that 210 sales should get allocated? What is logic? 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hello @parry2k,

the 210 sales should be under the customer "01777794 Astet Agentes..". As seen on the picture, only 458 sales codes got assigned to an employee, but 210 sales codes were not assigned. 

relationships (with no blank data enabled).png

This picture does not have the "show items with no data" feature, under the employee with 458 sales code I should have another row, where the employee field is blank and in the sales column I have the 210 value (number of sales codes not assigned to any employee).

The same thing with the next customer, under the rows with 392 and 7 sales codes assigned to employees, I should have another row with blank field in employees and the remaining sales codes that were not paired.

Here is a file that might help: PBI File 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Andvil - Maybe. Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler 

1) I attach an example file: PBI FILE 

2) My output is to have under each employee and the sales codes, another row with a blank (as no employees are assigned) and the remaining sales codes that were not paired. There are more explanations in my previous messages.relationships (with no blank data enabled).png

As you can see in this picture,  "01777794-Astet Agentes" has 668 purchases. 458 sales codes were assigned to an employee, however, 210 sales codes were not assigned and not shown in the table. Under the employee and the 458 sales, I should have a blank field in employee and then 210 under the 458, that way it matches the 668 total sales. I have enabled the "show items with no data" but still the information not assigned to an employee is not showing.

3) Power Bi must somehow show the information that has not been paired to an employee or agency, Imagine you have that column and not all the fields are filled with employee information, when adding the visual, you would have in blank all the sales that have not been assigned to an employee.

Best,

Hi @Andvil ,

Maybe you can use Measure instead of columns, like the following example.

Replace Item Column with Item Measure and put it in Values

Item Measure = 
var _x = CALCULATE(SUM('2020'[ITEMS]))
return
IF(
    ISBLANK(_x),"",_x)

V1.jpg

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please show the exact expected result based on the table that you have shared?

Best regards,

BTW, pbix as attached. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.