Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Raghavendra13
Frequent Visitor

Visual to show Attribution Path taken by visitor

Hi all,

Can someone point me to a visual where I can show the Attribution Paths taken by visitor, I'm looking for a visual which looks something like the one in the attached image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in this...

6BD0AC53.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
parry2k
Super User
Super User

I don't think you can have arrows but you can created a calculate fields as hyperlink to an image and change that calculated field type to "Image URL" and use that field in the table.

Here is link to another thread which has more information. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hey @Raghavendra13

Did you had chance to look at the solution I posted. I don't think there is a visual available, you can custom visual gallery here

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hey @parry2k

Thanks for your response on the post, I had a look at what you posted and I'm trying how I can implement it in my report. I'm even looking at Sankey if this can fit my requirments....

The way I see is that you have 2 paths to get to Buy (assuming buy is final path), I will save image for each value and then show that field in the table, if you can provide a raw dataset I can put something together for you  as a demo

2 paths is just an example there can be even more, I have attached an excel that has sample data and based on the demo I can see that and I can use it as well....

PathPath1Path2Final%Cons BuyTimeToConvert
O&OSEO Buy7%<15 mins
DirectEmail Buy6%<60 mins
MS Store RetargetingO&O Buy3%<30 mins
SEMDirect Buy0.30%<8 hrs
SEOProspectingSEMBuy0.10%<2.5 days

Ok, so I was able to achieve this, not sure if that is what you expected:

here is the result with sample images:

path.PNG

I can provide you more deails if you see that we are on right track.

Awesome!!!

I guess we are in right path can you pls provide me more details so that I will work on this and we can take it further....

Here are the steps:

- create a column to store the path where we are storing images, in my case I called it myPath

myPath = "http://myhostingsite/"

- created 4 new columns like below:

Path Image = if(Table2[Path]=BLANK(), BLANK(), concatenate(concatenate(Table2[myPath], lower(Table2[Path])), ".PNG"))

Path1 Image = if(Table2[Path1]=BLANK(), BLANK(), concatenate(concatenate(Table2[myPath], lower(Table2[Path1])), ".PNG"))

Path2 Image = if(Table2[Path2]=BLANK(), BLANK(), concatenate(concatenate(Table2[myPath], lower(Table2[Path2])), ".PNG"))

Buy Image = concatenate(Table2[myPath], "buy.PNG")

in this case I assumed that image file name will be same as value in various paths, for this demo I gave file name in lowre case + ".PNG" and that is why I used lower function in my formula.

- Change the date category for these 4 image coloumn to "Image URL"

image.PNG

- used these image fields in a table, and we have the result.

Cheers,

P

I was able to create all the columns that you mentioned but was still not able to get that output. Can ypu help me where did you host the images for buy, sem, prospecting,etc., I see we have to host these images somewhere which can be publicially accessible.

I got stuck at that point can you help me so that i can move further...

I hosted those images on my personal website, to achieve this you have to post images which are accessible publically.

Raghavendra13
Frequent Visitor

Hi all, 

Can someone point me to a visual where I can show the Attribution Paths taken by visitor, I'm looking for a visual which looks something like the one in the attached image.
Any help would be greatly appreciated in this...

6BD0AC53.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.