Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vidyadutt
Advocate V
Advocate V

Visual to display image

Hello Experts,

I'm looking for a visual that can display an image from database. Currently I'm displaying the image using Table visual, however, the size of the image is much smaller than I want, and I cannot make it bigger beyond a limit. I also require to export the final output to a pdf file. I tried many custom visuals but none of them serve the purpose. "Simple Image" is the best I could get but when I switch pages, the image disappears. Has anyone faced this issue, and which visual works the best in this scenario?

Regards,

Vidyadutt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vidyadutt
Advocate V
Advocate V

Finally I'm using "Simple Image" visual, and most of the time I achieve what I want. I see the image based on the condition that I have set, though at times, it shows the image when the condition fails. But then I visit another page and come back and I get the desired result. I assume it's a bug but currently this visual works for me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vidyadutt
Advocate V
Advocate V

Finally I'm using "Simple Image" visual, and most of the time I achieve what I want. I see the image based on the condition that I have set, though at times, it shows the image when the condition fails. But then I visit another page and come back and I get the desired result. I assume it's a bug but currently this visual works for me.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @vidyadutt ,

I usually use the Table visualization on this type of request (haven't had many must admit), but it works to my needs.

I have two questions regarding your post:

... and I cannot make it bigger beyond a limit

I assume you are refering to the Image Heigth in the grid that goes to a maximum value of 150 correct?

I tried many custom visuals but none of them serve the purpose. "Simple Image" is the best I could get but when I switch pages, the image disappears.

Got me lost in when you switch pages the image disappears?

Can you give more insights on what is the expected result and limitations.

Again I haven't add many requests around images

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi @MFelix,

Thank you. Here are the clarifications, and sorry for not being clear enough at the first palce.

I meant by "I cannot make it bigger" is both height and width. I have limitation in increasing the height as the image I use is a signature and it should be placed at a particular location on the page. And the signature appears very small when I use table visual and increasing the column or table width doesn't help.

And about disappearing image - 

I have two pages in the report and there is signature on both the pages. When I navigate between the pages, the signature that was already visible disappears. I can see signature on Page 1, then I go to Page 2 and I see signature there as well. But when I come back to Page 1, there is no signature.

However, when I was trying it today, "Simple Image" visual did not give me any problem. It shows signature on both the pages even though I navigate between the pages. So, currently I'm using Simple Image unless someone else suggests a better visual to meet this requirement.

Regards, Vidyadutt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors