Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DSmith4
Helper II
Helper II

Visual to display data label of another field

Hi,

I would like to make a use a visual that will display data labels with a different field than the field used in the bar chart. 

Here is my example.

I have number of items sold (sorted by item type) and total dollar amount of items sold (also sorted by item type).

I would like the bar graph visual to display a bar with the total items sold but would like the data label to show the sum dollar amount of that particular items sales.

Is there a visual to do this?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DSmith4 ,

As a workaround, you could add "total dollar amount of items sold" field into tooltip.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hgzelaya
Helper I
Helper I

hi @DSmith4  , would this be ok?2019-05-07 11_56_50-Variacion de Consumos - Power BI Desktop.png

If so, you can use the grouped column and lines visual. Use the count sales value in the column field and sum Sales Value in the line field.

2019-05-07 11_59_34-Variacion de Consumos - Power BI Desktop.png

This will not work as I do not want to see the line.

Im only looking to see the bars. (using your screenshot) I would like to see April show a value of 507,344,810 where 110911 is currently displayed and have May show 518,484,568 for 111206 and so on..

Do you mean the 2 values on the sambe bar? I´m not understanding

Im looking to see the data like in the last two bars except without the line.2019-05-07_17-23-34.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.