Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HenX

Visual shows wrong data/ invents values

Hi,

I have a small dataset that contains the bodyfat (called here "brozek" because of the used calculation method) and and the density of random people. There is definitly a linear relationship between both values. The Problem is, in a line chart visual the result looks like shown in the image below. All the red marked peaks are wrong aka values that don't exist in my dataset.

HenX_0-1657117956690.png

HenX_1-1657118046997.png

If I create a card visual with the max of brozek (y-axis) one can see that the max value is soemthing around 45 and the peaks are obvious "fake" values, invented by the visual.

HenX_2-1657118214764.png

The same strange behavior can one see in the scatter chart visual. If I try to plot the relation between weight (y-axis) and height (x-axis) of a person, I get the following chart.

HenX_3-1657118541910.png

All the red marked points don't exist in my dataset. The only way I can overcome this is by forcing the x-axis range maximum to the maximum height.

HenX_4-1657119512189.png

Update:    Interestingly even the median lines are different. Though both are just selected under the analytics button (no own Dax formula) they plot me two different lines......

HenX_0-1657120278981.png

HenX_1-1657120444430.png

I guess, I'm using the visuals in the wrong way, but I don't get it. Maybe someone can give me a hint.
Thx HenX.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
James-Harpin
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hello @HenX ,

What is the summarization you're using for the brozek column? On the first chart perhaps you have multiple brozek values for density and the brozek column is summing those values for each density value?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
James-Harpin
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hello @HenX ,

What is the summarization you're using for the brozek column? On the first chart perhaps you have multiple brozek values for density and the brozek column is summing those values for each density value?

The solution for the other issues is also the aggregation function. If I select "don't summarize" it works as expected. 

HenX_0-1657144723389.png

Thanks @James-Harpin,
yes you were right. There were multiple brozek values for some density values and were summed up. By using Average the chart is as expected. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors