Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Talvien
Helper I
Helper I

Visual(s) for Job Schedule

Hi Community,

I would like to display the jobs I execute on our SQL Server Databases to see where I have jobs running in parallel, see how long they run and if they fail or succeed. I think somthing like a gant diagramm would be great but the visual in the Power BI gallery just shows scheduling on a daily base. So jobs running 5 minutes have always a duration of one day.

Any ideas how I can challenge this? Maybe with different visuals? I'm not limited to have all information in the same visual.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Talvien,

Check to see if the blog below would help to calculate the duration:

Power BI Agent Jobs

If any further help needed, please post back.

Regards

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately this doesn't help since it only offers a visual for success or failure of a job.

I need something where I can see directly where jobs are overlapping and run too long. I guess there is no propper way until the Gantt-Visual is adjusted to offer a customizable time scale with more than just dates.

For now I display the "Count of Jobs" in a combo chart where the line shows the sum of all durations in the corresponding timeframe like this:

Unbenannt.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please describe how you constructed this visual? along with the values for the shared axis, column series, column values and lines values?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.