Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visual not Reacting as Expected

Hello,

I'm having a peculiar issue with my visuals not filtering correctly when I click a selection on my slicer. In the first screenshot below, I am selected on a particular staff employees name and the "Hours" column is expected to filter to show only the employee(s) that fall within the filter. However, all the report that provides the "Hours" column, for some reason, doesn't react.

I have my relationships setup properly based on the personnel number. The fact table has unique employee name/personnel numbers. Second screenshot below.

I'm really at a loss on where even to begin?

TitanTips_1-1619054568766.png

TitanTips_4-1619054604330.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

My issue turned out to be a simple misplacement of field in my slicer. I was able to correct it by using the filter fields from the correct table.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

My issue turned out to be a simple misplacement of field in my slicer. I was able to correct it by using the filter fields from the correct table.

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello, two things to check:

1. Have you got interactions set to null between the visuals? (Format>>Edit Interactions

2. do you have a HASONEVALUE(Employee) when calculating the total hours? That would make the visual react differently 

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors