Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jrosales
Regular Visitor

Visual level filter with "greater than or equal to"

Hi, 

I'm trying to figure out how to utilize the visual level filter which says "show items when the value: is greater than or equal to".  I'm creating a dashboard which shows student enrollments and outcomes on various measures.  I am using slicers to allow the end user to drill into outcomes by various course and demographic elements.  Needless to say, with enough drilling, some of these groups can get very small and for student privacy purposes, we want to restrict information for groups that are too small (we typically say N>=15).

I'm using a calculated measure: Total = SUM(Q1[Enrollments]) to base the filter off.  It seems to be working for Clustered Column Charts, but not for the bar charts, Cards, Gauges, or tables. I can put the field into the filter, but I am unable to select the dropdown to select the "greater than... " option. I've seen the suggestions for using the slicer as a way to filter, but I don't want this filter to be changeable by the end users so I don't want to use the slicer option.

I'm working off the desktop.  Is this a PowerBI issue, or is there something I need to do to make this work?  

Thanks for your help,

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it wont work for Card as Card is a single value measure display and this visual filter is NA to card. But, its working for other visuals including Tables.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I see the greater than option in all visuals, are you checking this for measure? Kindly check.

Chart filter.PNG 

Thanks

Raj

Are you able to use that filter for cards?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it wont work for Card as Card is a single value measure display and this visual filter is NA to card. But, its working for other visuals including Tables.

Thanks

Raj

Hi Raj,

I "see" the option but that drop down seems to be a dead link for each chart type I mentioned with the exception of the clustered column chart.  It seems to be working for you on the bar chart, though, so that tells me it might be an issue with my desktop.

Josh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.