Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visual level filter not working in Power BI Desktop

Greetings,

I am trying to apply a visual level filter which does not seem to work in Power BI desktop. Can some one throw light on why is the reason for the same ? 1 is not showing in Current Period manage seatsand Total Maange courses has a value of more than 25 as well.  Both of it is against the filter settings. 

PowerBI_Error.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, the visual filter works fine in my environment, attached my test sample file in the below:

visual filter.png

Have you enabled other filters like page filters or using other slicers in your file? If so, it could affect the visual filter and could not show correctly.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, Thanks for reverting back.

No other filters are enabled. Please see screenshot below. I restarted the PB desktop as well but still the second filter is not being applied correctly and numbers above the last number are being displayed.

For your information Total Manage Courses Taken is a measure and not a nprmal field. 

https://ufile.io/8wgst79s 

Anonymous
Not applicable

ErrorImages1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

ErrorImages2.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your description, could not reproduce it in my environment. Could you please consider sharing a sample file without any sesentive information for further discussion?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

YingJie, The file is very huge with many tables and excel file and it has sensitive data so may be unable to share it easily. Let me try to see if i can possibly mask some values and share... but likely may be not possible

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.