Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pjukone
Frequent Visitor

Visual help for custom grouped cluster chart

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has come across somthing like this or can help.  I have three measures one for actual , one for the remaining forecast (ie total forecast less actual) and one for budget. 

I was trying to put them in a stacked bar chart (like the below) so that the actual and forecast on one bar is stacked against the budget bar (which is not stacked).  What would be ideal is also showing the total of the actual and foreccast against the total budget (I have worked out how to do that part on a combo - line and stacked column chart although this chart is virtical and not horizontal which I needed to save space) 

Example.jpg

I have searched a number of sources, and could not find any clear way of just doing this, therefore any help would be really appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
radhey_rec
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @pjukone ,

I am not very sure, if I have understood your requirements very clearly. But Given the appearance of chart, you can create one in PBIVizEdit. 

You can modify similar chart https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/budget-vs-actual:

radhey_rec_0-1653223288410.png

Thanks,
-R

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
radhey_rec
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @pjukone ,

I am not very sure, if I have understood your requirements very clearly. But Given the appearance of chart, you can create one in PBIVizEdit. 

You can modify similar chart https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/budget-vs-actual:

radhey_rec_0-1653223288410.png

Thanks,
-R

Hi Radhey,  This is exactly what I had been looking for, this took me a long time googling this, but you found the solution staight away.  A big thank you for your help with this!

Kmcdonald
Helper III
Helper III

Have you tried to unpivot the data set in power query?

This will only work if you create a single column of that status (actual/forecast/budget), then another with the value on each status. You may need to transform the data slightly before that but could be effective for your scenario. 

You just select those 2 columns, plus whatever fields you still want to bring over, and unpivot from there.

Then you'd need to clean up your stacked chart visual, to use the new fields 😊

Hi Kmcdonald,  The values are in a measure, thanks for your help, I think the above solution of the visual did the trick.

Kind regards,

P

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.