Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rocko95
Frequent Visitor

Visual has exceeded the available resources - Table Visual

Hello,

I'm using regular table visual and it does not work. The thing is that I have large data, but still can not find solution to help this visual work. The visual should show more than 20k rows, but as i know this visual does not have the limit. When I filter the data then the visual works.

Unfortunately my data is private and I cannot share with you. 

I have simple questions. To solve this problem what kind of optimization do you suggest?

1. doublecheck the relationships.

2. reduce the amount of data.

3. check dax measure formulas.

Thank you in advance.

Screen.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Don't @rocko95,

It is suggested to adjust the DAX calculations used in this visual (I suggest you read the section on materialization from p568of "The Ultimate DAX Guide" or this previous article covering the same terrain) to use less memory and return faster or change what the visual displays.

There's an article you might refer to:

The "Visual has exceeded available resources" error in Power BI

Best regards

Stephen Tao

If this post helps,then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Don't @rocko95,

It is suggested to adjust the DAX calculations used in this visual (I suggest you read the section on materialization from p568of "The Ultimate DAX Guide" or this previous article covering the same terrain) to use less memory and return faster or change what the visual displays.

There's an article you might refer to:

The "Visual has exceeded available resources" error in Power BI

Best regards

Stephen Tao

If this post helps,then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply! I have tried somehow to optimize DAX measures and it helped.

I have had about 12 measures on this visual and tried to write the measures individualy. Before that I was doing something like this -

General Measure - Formula

Measure 1 - Calculate("General Measure", Filter("Product A"))

Measure 2 - Calculate("General Measure",Filter("Product B"))

now I have individual measures for products -

Measure 1 - Calculate(Formula,Filter("Product" A"))

Measure 2 - Calculate(Formula,Filter("Product" B"))

Sorry if I could not explain well.

Regards!

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@rocko95 ,

Every visual has some limitations of data that it can handle. If data is exceeded that limit so it won't show any data on that visual. So, I recommend you to supress or shrink your data as I dont know your measure logic but if you can optimize your measure which will help you to show data on that visual so please do so.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.