Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nurgazy7

Visual grouping of smaller elements into one in a treemap

Hi,

I can't figure out a way to visually group small elements of a treemap into big one based on a certain condition.

Example:

I have a treemap that represents sales values per product category. Data represented as % from the total. I want any section, where the % is less than one to be grouped into one large section "Other product categories".

Is it possible to do this on the level of the visualization, without actually changing the data source itself?

PowerBIscreenshot.png

If yes, how?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

You cannot do this using the Treemap visual alone. You would have to arrange this either using the built-in Group functionality or dynamically with DAX.

You should be able to do this with a pretty simple Calculated Column.

Something like 

Column = IF(Sales[Percent] <= 1,"Other Product Categories",Sales[CatGrp])

nurgazy7

Hi,

I can't figure out the visual grouping of elements, without adding columns to the data itself.

Example: I have a treemap representing sales per product category and data shown as % from a total. I want any category, where the % from total is less than 1, to be grouped into one big section, represented in a treemap as "Other categories"

Thanks

PowerBIscreenshot.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.