Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visual filtering

Hi

I have a dashboard built in which there is two slicers on the main page, these slicers control the the filters for all other pages and are synced. 

on one page I have two visuals. One is a graph and the other is a details table (i.e customer details). 

I want the graph to filter the details table, but I want the Details table to ignore all other slicers and just use the graph. is this possible?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Nishantjain
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Just to add to the previous suggestion, you need to unhide the synced slicer on the page

When you sync slicers across multiple page, each slicer is copied in each page but is hidden. You can unhide the slicer from the selection pane or sync slicer pane

Once you unhide the slicer, follow the instructions from the previous post and then hide the slicer again
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, I did this but it is still ommitting results. 

What do you mean that it is still ommitting results?

A synced slicer works exactly the same way as a normal slicer so I expect it to work.

You can also check this by creating a blank page and copy the 2 visuals you have. Make sure you don't sync any slicers. Now sync one slicer at a time and change it's interaction with the 2 visuals and analyse the impact. I am sure you will spot something
Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a new filter, basically there is an issue with where it is pulling the data. 

I have two tables both with the ID of Name, I have them both linked to the main data table as a relationship but it appears as though this isn't working correctly 

the only reason I hav two tables in the first place is because I can't get a calculation to work in the main employee table. the table has a column for names, but there are two corresponding columns in the main data table. so the relationship that I have is between the Table-Name column and the Data-name1 column. so my second formula which is meant to check the Data-Name2 column, is the one that isn't working. 

so I created a whole new table, created the relationship and then the formula worked. but now its not showing the right customer details in the visuals. if I could somehow get the formula to work then I could get rid of the second table and the problem would be solved. 

the formula I wrote as a measure is: 

Name2 calculation = SUMX(Data,CALCULATE(SUM(Data[Utilisation]),USERELATIONSHIP('Employee List'[Name1 List],Data[Name2 Clean]),FILTER(All('Employee'),'Employee List'[Name1 List]=Data[Name2 Clean])))

if you can help me get that one working then I think it will fix the visual issues as well.

Hi there,

Need a bit more information. Can you share sample data screenshots and what exactly the measure is showing and what you expect to see
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll put together a sample and add it to this message, I can't do real samples as its confidential data. so will do a mock up

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so here is a sample of what i've built so far:

Main Data Table
CustomerUtilisatonEmp Name 1Emp Name 2
Cust 110%Joe Bloggs 
Cust 215%Jane BigsJoe Bloggs
Cust 310%Joe Bloggs 
Cust 420%Jane BigsJoe Bloggs
Cust 510%Jane Bigs 
Cust 615%Jane Bigs 

Employee table 1 which has a relationship to Data Table Emp Name 1, this runs a calculation that looks for the Emp Name in the data table Emp Name 1 column and then sum the utilization associated. I've also used it to bring through the results from a second table and create a total (this is the part I want to change)

Emp List table 1
Emp Name1UtilizationEmp 2 UtilizationTotal Utilization
Joe Bloggs20%35%55%
Jane Bigs60%0%60%

Employee Table 2, has a relationship with Data Table Emp Name 2, does the same as the first table simply calculates the utilzation based on finding the name in Emp Name 2.

Emp Table 2
Emp name2Utilzation
Joe Bloggs35%

Ideally I want to have one Employee table that does the calculation for all the utilization, but I can't work out how to have that work when I need to look in two different columns. (Emp Name 1 and Emp Name 2). and its not possible to combine the two as the names are the same and the reason for them being there is different. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nishantjain  

have you had a chance to look at the sample I showed?

any thoughts?

cheers

Adam

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Click the graph visual, then click Format-> Edit interactions, then select the disable icon in right-top hand of the two slicer visuals.

Capture.PNG  

1.PNG  

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.