Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

duncfair
Advocate II
Advocate II

Visual displays data for a range that does not fit within the visual - default start?

The visual requires scrolling to display the latest data and defaults to displaying the data from the start of the date range. My end users want the visual to default to showing the latest data so that they only need to scroll back if they need to check on something old.

Is there a setting for this? I cannot find one.

Thanks,

Duncan

10 REPLIES 10
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Duncan,

You can do it simply by "Sort By". Please refer to the snapshot below.

Visual_displays_data_for_a_range_that_does_not_fit_within_the_visual_default_start

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

No, I still want the data to display in the normal left to right format.

I just want - when the report opens - for this visual to display the latest data. In other words, if there are 18 months of data and only a year can display without scrolling, I want the last 12 months to display by default - yet still display chronologically from left to right.

Thanks,

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Sorting the orders doesn't change any formats. Sort the order and save the report, you can see the latest data next time. You can give it a try.

Visual_displays_data_for_a_range_that_does_not_fit_within_the_visual

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My visual is left to right ascending - not top to bottom. The Required reporting range covers 18 months. The visual defaults to displaying the first 12 months, requiring the user to scroll to see the latest 12 month period. I want it to default to display the latest 12 month period, so that the user only needs to scroll if they want to see the earlier data.

This is what I haveThis is what I haveThis is what I wantThis is what I want

Hi @duncfair,

The orientation won't be a problem. We still can sort them. Can you share a sample? I guess the dates are in TEXT format. Maybe you can try "Sort by Column" in the ribbon to sort them.

Best Regards,

Dale

The dates are in a date format and are already sorted by date ascending. Changing the sort would change  the visual to read newest (left) to oldest (right).

What I want is for the visual to be sorted as it is, but have the default 'open' to display the la.test records - still sorted from oldest to newest 

Hi @duncfair,

According to my test, "Save report" will save the status. So you can sort it in the order you want and save the report. Please check.

Since this is a built-in feature, users can change the sorting status and save it in the file. 

Best Regards,

Dale

I tested that and it did not work.

Thanks.

Hi @duncfair,

What's the version of your Desktop? Please upgrade to the latest version.

Best Regards,

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.