Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DAXRichArd
Resolver I
Resolver I

Visual data table dimension not displaying; total are correct

Hello,

I search the forum first before posting. If a solution is already posted, please direct me to the post (if forum rules permit).

Background

Below are 2 screenshots of my first dashboard (which is still in use) (see page 3).

https://app.powerbigov.us/view?r=eyJrIjoiMjg2YzE5ZmUtNGM3ZS00MTA1LTgyYTUtNzA3ZWQ5ZTMyNDFkIiwidCI6IjU...

The visual consist of slicers, tables, and a waterfall chart.

The data is airline passenger data with row dimensions for:

• Originating airport
  • Domestic passengers
  • International Passengers
  • Total passengers

Column dimenstions are this year's data, last years data, and YOY change percent.

Problem

All totals sum correctly. If this year's data does not have a data dimension, but the data dimension existed for last year, the row for that dimension is missing. The total rows are correct.

Screen Shots

The first screen shot shows passenger data sliced for April 2019.

• The Passenger column is April 2019 and the Passenger LY column is the previous years data for April 2018.
  • NOTE: HOU airport has rows for domestic and for international passengers.
    • Total April 2019 passengers is 11,88,849.

The second screen shot shows passenger data sliced for April 2020.

• The Passenger column is April 2020 and the Passenger LY column is the previous years data for April 2019.
  • NOTE: HOU airport is missing the international passenger row.
    • For HOU April 2020 missing international passenger data is correct (there were no international passengers for April 2020. 
      • HOU April 2019 had international passengers (column Passenger LY), but it is not displayed!
      • The HOU Passenger LY total is correct! (11,88,849).

Special Note

For the affected dimension (Domestic / International) I do not have any visual, page, or report level filters filtering out blank or zero.

Request

How can I disply the missing row?

Thx in advance for all your help!

HASApr2019a.JPGHASApr2019b.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @DAXRichArd 

Could you please share your sample pbix file for us have a test, that will be a great help.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lili6-msft ,

I shared a file once, but I don't recall how. I thought it was through private message but I don't see that feature.

Do you know of a service I could share my file with you?

@DAXRichArd 

hi  @DAXRichArd 

You can upload it to OneDrive for buiness and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.