Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visual Level filter on advance card

Hi,

I have a table with two values. One is my measure that is #users registered and the other value is the channel.

I can add a table and show the percentage of users sliced by the channel. My requeriment is to create three advance cards showing the percentage of users who registered by channel:

dax: R_Users = distinctcount([IdUser])

usersbychannel.png

In my table I'm using a measure that is an absolute numbers but showing as % of grand total:pct.png

Now. I am trying to represent the information based on my table, but with cards, so I need to use three cards to show those %s. I'm doing this with visual level filters but is not working, it always shows 100%.

On visual level filters of each card, I'm usign the value of each channel and as I said, it is not working:

filter.png

Is it possible to use visual level filters with advance cards? Or do I need to create a dax formula with the % of each channel?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous 

You should be able to do it with a singe measure.

Pct of All Users =
DIVIDE ( 
    [R_Users], 
    CALCULATE ( 
        [R_Users], 
        ALL ( ChannelID ) 
    ) 
)

Then you put that in a card and set the channel as a visual level filter.  That will control the chanel that feeds the numerator.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous 

You should be able to do it with a singe measure.

Pct of All Users =
DIVIDE ( 
    [R_Users], 
    CALCULATE ( 
        [R_Users], 
        ALL ( ChannelID ) 
    ) 
)

Then you put that in a card and set the channel as a visual level filter.  That will control the chanel that feeds the numerator.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @jdbuchanan71  it worked perfect. As I am new to DAX, should I do this for all dimensions? Let's say I want to do this again, but for region. Should it look like this?:

Pct of All Users Region =
DIVIDE ( 
    [R_Users], 
    CALCULATE ( 
        [R_Users], 
        ALL ( Region ) 
    ) 
)

You would, yes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.