Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kreese
Frequent Visitor

Visual Interactions on Pie Chart cancelling out

I have a dashboard created in Power BI that is meant to display the financial status of all project within out company. .

Bar Graph

Each project is labeled with a [Charge Code] on a bar graph to display dollars expended versus total budget.  This data is from a table called [PM Summary].

Pie Chart

This breaks down the [Cumulative Hours] for each [Charge Code] by what Division charged to that project

Data Table

Strictly for data view of hte actual individual charging to each project.

Interactions

When the bar graph is filtered, I have the pie chart and data table filtering also

When the pie chart is filtered, I have the bar graph doing nothing and hte data table filtering.

What I would like to be able to do it click a [Charge Code} within the bar graph and have the pie chart filter down to what [Division](s) are charging to it.  Once that filters, I would like to then be able to click one [Division] in the pie chart (for the [Charge Code] chosen on the bar graph) to determine (from the data table) who is charging to that [Charge Code] from the [Division] chosen from the pie chart.

What is happening right now is I click the [Charge Code] on the bar graph which filters the data table and the pie chart accurately.

However, when I go to the next step to click a specific [Division] on the pie chart, the bar graph filter is canceled out.  The interactions are not allowing me to drill down to that next step.

This is not a file I can share, because it holds extremely sensitive information.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jpereztang
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @kreese

To reproduce your situation i use products, hierarchy i have is:

Marca > Linea > .... Producto

An image is worth a thousand words

beforebeforeafterafter

Regards,

Jean Pierre.

Please click the Accept as Solution if this resolves your issue; if it did not resolve your issue, provide more information on what happened instead.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jpereztang
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @kreese

To reproduce your situation i use products, hierarchy i have is:

Marca > Linea > .... Producto

An image is worth a thousand words

beforebeforeafterafter

Regards,

Jean Pierre.

Please click the Accept as Solution if this resolves your issue; if it did not resolve your issue, provide more information on what happened instead.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kreese,

Would you mind using some sample data to indicate the issue then share sample .pbix with us? From the description, it's hard for us to reproduce in our environment.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Good Idea! I will put something together and post it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.