Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Oblomov
Frequent Visitor

Visual Interactions not working properly

Hello everyone,

I have a table which divides my data into three geographic regions, and a pie chart that categorizes it according to industry sector.  I want to be able to click on a region in the table and highlight the pie chart accordingly.

However, it is only highlighting the pie chart for two of the the three regions; when I select the third region, the pie chart is replaced by one that contains ONLY the data for that particular region.  

For example: when I click on US, the pie chart highlights correctly:

Capture1.PNG

However, when I click on Europe, the entire pie chart changes to represent ONLY Europe (ie, the pie chart is no longer the sum of Asia, Europe and the US):

Capture2.PNG

Any ideas why this might be happening?  This is a very simple model consisting of only one file (ie, no relationships between multiple files at all). 

Thanks for all replies!

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Is there any visual level filter on your pie chart?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

No, I have selected all for both Market Value and Sector.

Hi @Oblomov,

It'd hard to check reason caused the result without sample table, do you mind share your sample table by private for further analysis?

Thanks,
Angelia

Apologies for the delayed response...I may have figured out what is causing this (it was easier to see when I changed the pie chart to a table).  Other Net Assets is negative for Asia and the US, but positive for Europe, so when I select Europe, it is adding an additional "slice" to the pie chart.  The sum of Other Net Assets for all three regions is negative, so I suppose it is being left off of the total pie chart, as well as the Asia-only and US-only pie charts.  I scaled down the data to account for the negative values (in order to preserve the total net values) and now the pie chart is functioning correctly.  Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply.

interesting, do you have any measure which you are using to show value?

I assumed both the visuals are from same table

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.