Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visual Interactions between Pages

We have a Visual in one Page when user does a selection on Visual we want the same selection happen to data in other pages.

There needs to be visual interactions between pages.

do we have any suggestions for this?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to filter other pages based on the data I click on a Bar chart or Pie Chart do we have an Option?

Hi @Anonymous 

It might be worth you considering a bookmark pane which would free up some space on your current page.

This is a link to a really good video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9nmSQeUWg

It is something i have used before to great affect. I hope this helps.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately, the filtered result can't affect other pages when we just click on charts. If you want to implement that filter one page and then others will be changed, I think it's a good way to sync slicers and filter on all pages. However, if you just want to click the data and jump to the specific page which is filtered by the selected data, you could try drillthrough as amitchandak suggested.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous, id Drill through is not suitable for you?

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could try to add a slicer and sync it to other pages to implement it. Then when you select the slicer in one page, others will be affected by it. For more details, you can reference the document : Slicers in Power BI.

1.PNG2.PNG

Moreover, you could add values to Filter pane (Filter on all pages) to implement it.

3.PNG

I attached my sample that you can have a try. If you just want to select a value in charts and to affect other visuals to all pages, I'm afraid that it can't be implement directly.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

You need to use the power BI drill through. That might not exactly fit. But that will allow you to pass values across pages.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough

https://sqldusty.com/2017/09/02/setting-up-a-drillthrough-action-in-your-power-bi-report/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors