Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xiaoyu7016
Regular Visitor

Visual Interaction: two visuals filtering a third visual simultaneously

Hi,

I have a map and a slicer (top 10 primary plaintiff counsels) that I want them both to filter on a third graph. 

For the screenshot below, I want to see the total indemnity of a certain plaintiff counsel in IL. However, currently if I first select a state, this filter will be removed when I go ahead and select a plaintiff, and vice versa.

Is there anyway that I can keep both filters alive on the same graph? Optimally,  I do want to allow state and the slicer to filter on each other - it is very helpful to see a plaintiff is active in how many states - but I ok to comprise this feature if it contradicts with the aforementioned goal.

Could anyone help? Thanks a lot!

Yuwen

ioCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @xiaoyu7016, check out this feature request. If it's what you're looking for, you can vote for it to help the Power BI team implement it sooner 🙂

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/10755336-multiple-cross-filter

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
backflash
Helper II
Helper II

I know this post is old - but: have the same problem. Is this now somehow possible?

I have 3 visuals and I want to have two of them filter a third on - but when I click in the second visual, to add a filter, it instead empties the filter from the first visual.

Any ideas on that?

xiaoyu7016
Regular Visitor

I created a work around - used a real slicer for primary plaintiff counsel instead of a visual. I am able to keep both the state filter and the plaintiff filter at the same time.

Still looking forward to solution that can use two visuals as filters at the same time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @xiaoyu7016, check out this feature request. If it's what you're looking for, you can vote for it to help the Power BI team implement it sooner 🙂

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/10755336-multiple-cross-filter

Thank you @Anonymous, this is exactly what I am looking for. 3 votes for that Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.