Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LillyLegenda
Helper III
Helper III

Visual Interaction (not all filters)

Hi there, I have a question about visual interactions:

I have two visuals:

1. Volume in 2020 and 2021 by month 

2. Volume in 2021 by Part Classification

I would like to be able to click on one Part Classification (e.g. Mice) and filter the month visual by Mice.

But as the Part Classification Visual is only showing Volume by 2021 the month visual gets filter by Mice and also by 2021.

Is it possible to only filter by Mice but not by year so I can still see 2020?

Thank you 🙂

Before:

LillyLegenda_0-1617797559386.png

After:

LillyLegenda_1-1617797761947.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LillyLegenda,

You can use ISFILTERED  to filter 'Part Classification'.

And then apply the measure to 'Volume in 2020 and 2021 by month'.

Best Regards,

Link

Hi @v-xulin-mstf ,

Thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunatelly, I do not really understand how you would suggest using ISFILTERED. 

Thank you very much!

Hi @LillyLegenda,

If I understand correctly, what you need is for the left visual to try to be affected by the Part Classification only, without filtering the month.

So you can use ISFILTERED to manually filter the Part Classification regardless of the month.

Best Regards,

Link

Angith_Nair
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @LillyLegenda ,

What I understood is you don't want to filter the Part Classification with year... if this is correct then I would say to just turn off Edit Interaction of Volume in 2021 by Part Classification visual with Volume in 2020 and 2021 by month visual.

@Angith_Nair Thanks for your answer.

If I turn of the interaction then the Month visual is not filtering by Part Classification anymore.

I would like to click on a Part Classification and the month graph gets filtered by that classification but not by the year which is set in the part classification visual.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.