Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ellieh
Frequent Visitor

Visual Header feature - icons

Is there a way to change the icons in the new feature for the visual headers? 

If the visual header option is not in use (prior to the July release) then the icons show as

ActiveVisualheader.GIF

If the feature is turned on then the icons in the Visual Header change to 

NoVisualheader.GIF

The icons are cleaner in the first image. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

That's the new feature of the July release 2018. Please refer to :https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-july-2018-feature-summary/#reporting
>>>>>>>>>Depending on your report’s layout, you may notice some shifts after upgrading reports to the new header, especially with background images.
You visual has background ,so you may not feel adapt to it.
may be you can close it  in File->Options and settings ->Options ->Reporting settings ->Visual options
32.png

Of course,for your requirement, you may submit an idea here.

Best Regards,
Lin
Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lin

I understand this is due to the new feature. What I was reporting is the new icons are not as presentable as the icons with the feature (Visual headers) turned off. 

I was hoping that microsoft would review the icons. I love the feature otherwise.

Agree. Love the options and ability to use the space better that the modern visual header provides but icons (mainly size of the icons) is what I think is a bit off. Maybe an option to control the size of the icons and also maybe an option to choose from different themes of icons would be great (or at least the old and new icons). 

@ellieh wrote:

Thanks Lin

I understand this is due to the new feature. What I was reporting is the new icons are not as presentable as the icons with the feature (Visual headers) turned off. 

I was hoping that microsoft would review the icons. I love the feature otherwise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.