Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abdulmannan1991
Helper II
Helper II

Visual Header Background Color

Hello Everyone.
How to add color to the top-bar of a visual (as show in attached image). I know how to change the background color of the Title of a visual, but what I always see on Power BI website is a color on the top-border of visual (for example, the Mauve/Purple color in the attached image). How to do this?

Thank you.

Power BI.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Aditya_Meshram
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @abdulmannan1991 
You can use a workaround like this :

1)Insert a rounded rectangle on the page from the Insert tab (click on Shapes, it will give you various shape options, select rounded rectangle from the drop down).

2)Place the rounded rectangle behind the visual(by clicking on the shape, going to the format tab and selecting "Send backward" till the shape goes behind the visual) and adjust the shape so that it has the same width as the visual. Then it looks like this.

Aditya_Meshram_0-1629022686956.png

3) You can move the visual up or down depending on the height of the top bar you want

Hope this solves your doubt. Here is the attached .pbix file for reference.

https://nicesoftwaresolutions1-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/ameshram_nicesoftwaresolutions_com/E...

Regards,

Aditya

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Aditya_Meshram
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @abdulmannan1991 
You can use a workaround like this :

1)Insert a rounded rectangle on the page from the Insert tab (click on Shapes, it will give you various shape options, select rounded rectangle from the drop down).

2)Place the rounded rectangle behind the visual(by clicking on the shape, going to the format tab and selecting "Send backward" till the shape goes behind the visual) and adjust the shape so that it has the same width as the visual. Then it looks like this.

Aditya_Meshram_0-1629022686956.png

3) You can move the visual up or down depending on the height of the top bar you want

Hope this solves your doubt. Here is the attached .pbix file for reference.

https://nicesoftwaresolutions1-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/ameshram_nicesoftwaresolutions_com/E...

Regards,

Aditya

Thanks @Aditya_Meshram  That trick worked!!

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@abdulmannan1991 

Actually, it is not part of the Visual, you need to create a background image (you can use Power Point) with the required shapes and align the visuals to mimic such appearance in power BI.

Refer to this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDK6DZMHUyk

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.