Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visual Date Filters

I have gauges that are filtering to the previous calendar month and a bar chart that shows historical data by month on the same page and it is causing issues. When selecting a month from the bar chart, all data disappears from my gauges. If I remove this filter from the gauges so the bar chart can filter them, then they do not show the previous month with nothing selected. Is there a way to get the gauges to show the previous months data, but change to the selected month in the bar chart when this option is used? Pictures below. Please let me know of questions and I can clarify.

dero_0-1660074856553.png

dero_1-1660074967462.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The prerequisite for successful filtering is that you are using a common date table between your gauges and bar chart for filtering.

If it is convenient, can you send me a sample PBIX file (without private data)? So that I can better understand what your problem is and solve it for you.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Can you help you've been of assistance to me in the past? I would greatly appreciate it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.