Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dbatim

Vision for Comparing Active Directory Groups

Before I even try to create something. I'd like to see if someone has something similar. My PowerBI skills are limited so forgive me.

I would like TWO dropdown slicers. These slicers are populated using a backend database that shows users and active directory groups. Based on the two slicer selections I would like a list of people that are in one of the AD groups but not the other, or an option to return only those that match. So I can compare users say in the HR department AD group verus users in the GYM Ad group to see users that match, and users that do not.

2 REPLIES 2
dbatim

Sorry for the delay. Thank you for the response. I will try and "drum" something up for a quick test and let you know.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dbatim ,

You will need to create two independent slicer tables, then create a measure like below:

Measure = 
var list1 = CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Table'[user]),FILTER('Table','Table'[AD] = SELECTEDVALUE(slicer1[AD])))
var list2 = CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Table'[user]),FILTER('Table','Table'[AD] = SELECTEDVALUE(slicer2[AD])))
return
IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[user]) in list1&&SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[user]) in list2,1,0)

vjaywmsft_0-1657253308283.png

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.