Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visio

I have an visio table/matrix . On the side are names and on top are week days . I want to color the matrix cell depending on the place where the person is . How can i do that ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Suppose the source table is like below.

2.PNG

Use a Matrix to display data, and apply conditional formattingto "Values" rather than "Rows" or "Columns".

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix.png

Hi @v-yulgu-msft This is my matrix . at Point 1 wi;l come the Color of a place where that person is on monday morning . And point 2 is the color of the place the person will be on monday for the rest of the day . As you can see , it gets the color on the Users name which is not what i want . How can i fix this ?  

Hi @Anonymous,

Suppose the source table is like below.

2.PNG

Use a Matrix to display data, and apply conditional formattingto "Values" rather than "Rows" or "Columns".

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft thank you for your time . 

But let's supose the source table is not like that , because i don't have just one amount , but three and the values are not numbers but places/names . 

How do I formate it by color knowing that the copmarable value is just text ? 

And how can i make the usernames show on the table , even if there is no data about them ?

Hi @Anonymous,

Please provide some dummy data.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft
Thank you very much for your help . I took your suggestion and I have decited to use just  simple Matrix . The point where i am a little stuck is : 

If there is no data for a user , then the Name will not display in the matrix . Is there any way to change that ?

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

How is the visio like? What is your desired ouput? Please follow this blog to provide more detailed description.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.