Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rbriga
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Violin\ Bow & Whisker Display Nothing If There's a Calculation Group in the Model

Hello, 

My Violin\ Box and Whisker visuals display nothing but the title.

Reding the boards here, one user pointed out that deleting all calculation groups solves the problem.

That user was right- I've tested it.But I can't give up on those calculation groups without losing functionality in my widely deployed models.

Di anyone find a way to make Violin\ Box and Whisker visuals work in model that have a calculation group?

Thank you.

-------------------------
Data analyst by day, hockey goalie by night.
Did I help? Then please hit that "kudos" or "accept as a solution" button!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@rbriga 

I think it is because there is more than one item in the calculation group, so the data type can't be defined, so some visuals can't use it. It is by design. After all, Tabular Editor is a external tool of powerbi.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello, @rbriga 

I'm afraid not, Are you talking about the visual below? I did not find the information you said. However, this kind of custom visual is developed by the author, and its functions are limited and difficult to change. Can you share the article you mentioned?

vjaneygmsft_0-1626854120620.png

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Thanks for the reply.

It wasn't an article, but this post (first reply)

The same issue happens for the custom visuals Violin Plot, Box and Whisker Chart and Box and Whisker by MAQ Software.

When a calculation group exists- even when it's not used in the visual's context- one can't place a field in the "Value" area of these visuals.

At this point, I was forced to give up on them.

-------------------------
Data analyst by day, hockey goalie by night.
Did I help? Then please hit that "kudos" or "accept as a solution" button!

@rbriga 

I think it is because there is more than one item in the calculation group, so the data type can't be defined, so some visuals can't use it. It is by design. After all, Tabular Editor is a external tool of powerbi.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.