Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

laurenlee
Regular Visitor

Viewing SharePoint Site Hub stats in PowerBI

Hi,

I have successfully integreated Google Analytics to PowerBI for our SharePoint intranet site, however I am unable to connect my SharePoint usage stats. 

I have searched and tried many solutions without success. I feel like I have missed something, given both are MS products I feel it should be easier to do than connecting Google Analytics. 

Would someone mind assisting me with what I need to do to bring in SharePoint Usage stats, please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @laurenlee ,

You can connect to the template app Microsoft 365 usage analytics  in Power BI Service or use PBIT file in the attachment and edit your credentials in Power BI Desktop.

image.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

For my part, i m using clarify from microsoft

laurenlee
Regular Visitor

This is not resolving it. I see this question in forums all over and no resolution. 

With every website I have ever been part of I can connect my site to a tool and see beautiful reports, demographic information and export the data for further analysis in PowerBI or Excel. 

The usage stats provided by SharePoint for our hub site are limited and not set up for analysis. What displays in PowerBI is not useful as all. We work in a distributed organisation and something as simple as demographic location of views is not an option. People who manage websites are not generally the same people that manage IT functions like user access and such so forcing usage stats of these functions together makes it impossible for communicators to do effective analysis. 

Please either advise how I can simply connect my hub site stats to powerBI as easily as it is for Google Analytics so I can provide effective analysis on our internal communications. 

Thank you, I already have GA set up but we are unable to track demographic information with GA which is why we need to access proper stats in SharePoint. 

Hi @laurenlee ,

Have you tried using the Google Analytics connector to connect to Power BI Desktop?

Best Regards,
Winniz

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @laurenlee ,

You can connect to the template app Microsoft 365 usage analytics  in Power BI Service or use PBIT file in the attachment and edit your credentials in Power BI Desktop.

image.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.