Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jellis1971
Helper II
Helper II

Viewing Calculations

Hi:

I created a calculated column in Power BI.  But, I cannot recall where I created it.  

I need to view its formula, but right-clicking on the column in the Power BI canvas is not yielding any results.

How do I revisit my calculation?

Thanks!

jellis1971

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @jellis1971 ,

you can either change to the data tab on the very left side and then either select the column directly or on the list from the right side. After selecting the field the formula bar will be shown:

selimovd_0-1635792219250.png

Or in the report view you can just click on the name of the calculated column on the very right, then the formula bar will also appear:

selimovd_1-1635792260373.png

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @jellis1971 ,

you can either change to the data tab on the very left side and then either select the column directly or on the list from the right side. After selecting the field the formula bar will be shown:

selimovd_0-1635792219250.png

Or in the report view you can just click on the name of the calculated column on the very right, then the formula bar will also appear:

selimovd_1-1635792260373.png

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through June10th!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Watch Session 22 Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!

Top Kudoed Authors