Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mrab
Helper I
Helper I

View power Bi as a preview- seen by end user (To be seen by end user)

I am trying to get Power BI in a preview mode where I can see how the layout will look once its published. AT this point of time, I do not want to publish the file. Its there a way out other than publishing where the I can see a preview for the dashboard.

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mrab ,

The reports on PBI will appear as you have them on your power bi desktop version except for the headers if you enable or disable them since they are on off on the web version.

One option is to publish to your workspace since only you have access to that information unless you share it with other users so you have the preview that you want without making it available for all the other users.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mrab ,

The reports on PBI will appear as you have them on your power bi desktop version except for the headers if you enable or disable them since they are on off on the web version.

One option is to publish to your workspace since only you have access to that information unless you share it with other users so you have the preview that you want without making it available for all the other users.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I just wanted to confirm before I take the step to put it in my workspace, that "Only selected users will be able to see the report when I share it when they,and not one else from the outside world will have free access?" is that correct?

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that is correct. If you publish a report to your personal workspace, the report will only be available to you. If you want to share access for the report from your workspace. that is also an option

Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.