Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PrescribingInfo
Regular Visitor

View full screen in power bi desktop

Hi, I am using Power BI desktop on a Surface Pro 4.  I want to demo some dashboards in full screen. I cannot find how this is supposed to be done. I want literally just my dashboard and nothing else. The surface has a beautiful display and I want to maximise the wow factor for my customers. Showing design menus is just visual clutter. Please help!

Thanks

Jamie

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
shebr
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @PrescribingInfo

The best you will get is by minimising the 'fields' and 'visualisation' panes, and clicking the little icon in the in the corner next to sign in (see image below).

Also ensure the 'view' on your report is set to 'fit to page' or 'fit to width'.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

shebr

fullscreen.JPG

View solution in original post

Hiya Shebr,

That is way better, especially if I hide the ribbon. I would still rather the Fields and Visualisations panes could be got rid of entirely - but this is close enough! Thank you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you are on the Dashboard there is Full screen option

Capture.PNG

shebr
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @PrescribingInfo

The best you will get is by minimising the 'fields' and 'visualisation' panes, and clicking the little icon in the in the corner next to sign in (see image below).

Also ensure the 'view' on your report is set to 'fit to page' or 'fit to width'.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

shebr

fullscreen.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the June 2018 version, I do not see that drop-down arrow next to Sign in. Any reason why this is?

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous ,

The latest power BI verison is Feb 2019. You can update your Power BI desktop.
As I can see arrow in Feb-2019 Power BI desktop version.
You can try Ctrl+F1  to see to see full screen in Power BI desktop.

Also, see my screenshot below.
2019-02-19 12_42_45-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png

Hiya Shebr,

That is way better, especially if I hide the ribbon. I would still rather the Fields and Visualisations panes could be got rid of entirely - but this is close enough! Thank you.

As a footnote - an alternative method is to download the Power BI Mobile App, which will allow a full screen view.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.