Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FranciscoHoff
Frequent Visitor

View distribution frequency of a measure

Hi everyone,

Could someone tell me if it would be possible to visualize the frequency of distribution of values of a calculated measure? For example, I have a table of values with a column "X", and I would like to evaluate for each row of that column a new measure "Y". So if I have 10 different values in that column "X", I will have 10 different values for measure "Y". Would it be possible to visualize these calculated values in a distribution density plot, without having to use calculated columns or tables? (I would like the chart to be responsive to filters applied on the main table, maybe grouping the results into bins)

So far I haven't gotten any clues as to what needs to be done. I tried to start by generating a formula that returned the values of the measure applied to each row, similar to what the DAX VALUES method does with columns, but it did not work. I've been using Power BI for a short time but I believe there may be some workaround for at least this.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FranciscoHoff ,

According to your description, if you only put the measure in a chart to see its distribution frequency, it can't get the expected result, because measure is based on the corresponding column to generate values. The number of measures is the same as the number of values ​​in the column, if there's only a measure in the visual, it will only return one value. Additionally, a measure can't be in the Axis of a chart.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @FranciscoHoff ,

Do you mean to have a table with values like this and see how many 80, 90 or 100 there are?

MFelix_0-1653317762527.png

MFelix_1-1653317835297.png

If you add the column to the X-Axis and the do a count on the Y-Axis it will give you the expected result.

If you want to add bins you can select the specific column and then do data groups

MFelix_2-1653317900412.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.