Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jaff_76
Frequent Visitor

View all legend labels within the chart?

Can someone help with this please?

I have mutiple values (about 30 in total) and I am currently using Stacked Column Chart to make the comparison but the chart only shows me limited amount of labels at the time, I know if I expand the chart then the remaining lables will start appearing but that is not what I want.

Is there a way to 'wrap' all those labels inside a chart without resizing the chart itself? if not then is there any alternatives?

Apologies if this thread has already been created before but I had no joy fnding it.

Thanks in advance for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Jaff_76

Currently, there's no setting to control the layout of legend labels in chart visuals. You can submit a feature request on idea

However, I suggest you create a hierarchy to group those 30 categories into several groups so that you don't need to have to many labels on legend.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yashwant101
Helper II
Helper II

Hi all,

Has this been resolved? I need to show all the legends at the same time. I am getting an arrow to see other legend values and some values are not coming full as well. We are getting dots.

yashwant101_0-1686725437495.png

I need the legend values to be in multiple lines so that users can see all of them completely all the time.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Jaff_76

Currently, there's no setting to control the layout of legend labels in chart visuals. You can submit a feature request on idea

However, I suggest you create a hierarchy to group those 30 categories into several groups so that you don't need to have to many labels on legend.

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft

Thank you for your response, I will submit the idea.

I actually need those 30 labels to be compared apple-to-apple by senior members so I can’t categories them into the group unfortunately

Thanks for the suggestion, I will just wait for this feature to be added.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I also would love the idea to wrap the labels for the legend.. I'm having this same issue!

I'll submit a request as well as this was the sole reason for visiting the site today.

Thanks!

--J

@Jaff_76 wrote:

@v-sihou-msft

I actually need those 30 labels to be compared apple-to-apple by senior members so I can’t categories them into the group unfortunately

@Jaff_76 wrote:

@v-sihou-msft

Also having the same issue, is legend wrapping available yet? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.