Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

View PDFs in PowerBI

Is there a way to open & view PDF files in Power BI?

I tried using the PDF Viewer visual but converting the pdf to base64 is proving to being a very difficult task. I used the online tool to get this done with 0 luck. I cant even get the sample file provided by the creator to work by copy+pasting their base strings in my project & in effect replicating their project.

I have a 20+ page PDF reports repositority that I need to "move" to powerBI?

I do not want to just create links to where the file is stored, but want to be able to view it inside of powerBI. Please help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sam245gonsalves ,

" I cant even get the sample file provided by the creator to work by copy+pasting their base strings in my project & in effect replicating their project."

v-lionel-msft_0-1620971779752.png

The reason why you can't reproduce the visual with the data in the sample file is because you copied the data table directly. 

I think the reason for this problem is that the text length reaches the limit of the cell, which causes the text to be truncated.

Chris Webb's BI Blog: What Is The Maximum Length Of A Text Value In Power BI? Chris Webb's BI Blog (...

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sam245gonsalves ,

" I cant even get the sample file provided by the creator to work by copy+pasting their base strings in my project & in effect replicating their project."

v-lionel-msft_0-1620971779752.png

The reason why you can't reproduce the visual with the data in the sample file is because you copied the data table directly. 

I think the reason for this problem is that the text length reaches the limit of the cell, which causes the text to be truncated.

Chris Webb's BI Blog: What Is The Maximum Length Of A Text Value In Power BI? Chris Webb's BI Blog (...

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@sam245gonsalves 

Not exactly what you need but an interesting alternative I think

Embed a PowerPoint in an app 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.