Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cjemmott
Advocate I
Advocate I

View Data Colors

When I click "View Data" on a plot in Power BI I see this:

6.PNG

The colors are totally illegible!  When what I want to see is this:

5.PNG

What is super strange is that I see this problem in Desktop intermittently (even on the same plot!), but for all plots in Premium.  I am using a custom theme

{
"name": "cjemmott",
"dataColors": ["#263c42", "#f1592a", "#739ca2", "#dfaf26", "#1ca2dc"],
"background":"#ededee",
"foreground":"#d5e3e5",
"tableAccent": "#739ca2"
}

Is there a way to control these colors?  Why are they acting differently in Power BI desktop and Power BI Premium?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@cjemmott

As I tested with your JSON, it shows same "greyed" table visual in both Power BI Desktop.

4.PNG

5.PNG

3.PNG

I think this is your expected style from your JSON. And I guess you selected "keep destination theme" when pinning dashboard tiles.

6.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@cjemmott

As I tested with your JSON, it shows same "greyed" table visual in both Power BI Desktop.

4.PNG

5.PNG

3.PNG

I think this is your expected style from your JSON. And I guess you selected "keep destination theme" when pinning dashboard tiles.

6.PNG

Regards,

Got it!  

I think I may have figured out whay I was confused.

In Desktop I right click on a bar chart in a report and select "see data".  This opens a split screen with the bar plot on the top and a black and white table of the data below that (even with the theme).

I then publish this report to Power BI Premium.  In Premium through the browser do the same thing, right click on the bar chart and select "see data".  The layout is the same, but now the table is the illegible color scheme.

My issue is that desktop and premium are giving different results.  But I did modify the JSON to work around this problem - thanks for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.