Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

codyraptor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Vertipaq shows high cardinality but no field to show for it..slow refresh

I have a model that refreshes longer than expected.  I'm going a long way around to get my historical data due to connection issues with our warehouse server.  Long story short...I'm extracting data in a CSV file and saving it to sharepoint.  I connect to 3 CSV files using dataflows.  My dataset is then connected to those dataflows as a source and I'm using incremental refresh to make the process faster.  The initial load of the model took 2 hours.  The second load took 4mins.  Proof that the incremental refresh works.  However...I need this to be seconds.  Row count is roughly 8.6Mil rows.  You can see the vertipaq analyzer below.  It shows 3M cardinaltiy...but no field comes close to that.  Any help to make these 3 tables faster is greatly appreciated!

codyraptor_0-1600614748004.png

1 REPLY 1
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @codyraptor ,

It seems like you want to know what affects the report loading speed, right?

In my opinion ,there are many factors such as capacity resources, visuals' quantity, huge amount of data, Complex and inefficient RLS ,gateway......You could take a look at  the official document for optimization.

Here are some analysis tools:

1.Power BI Premium Metrics app: Slow queries or report visuals should be a focal point of continued optimization.
2.Query Diagnostics: record detailed evaluation information for each query step.
3.Use Performance Analyzer  in Desktop: find out how each of your report elements—such as visuals and DAX formulas—are doing.
4.Use SQL Server Profiler when your data source is either: SQL Server / SQL Server Analysis Services / Azure Analysis Services

5. Gateway Additional logging

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best regards,

Eyelyn Qin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.