Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dunner2020
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Vertical line in area chart

Hi there,

I am plotting some graphs on area chart. Area chart x-axis shows the month name. I have a measure that calculates the YTD value. I want to show that values as a vertical line in the area chart as shown in the figure:

Screenshot 2020-10-28 163355.jpg

If there is no mechanism then is there any other way of showing YTD value (that should stand out) in area chart? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Dunner2020,

It sounds like you want to keep the raw graph and show the YTD line on your chart, right? 

Currently, you can't use multiple category fields on the legend field or use legend with multiple value fields at the same time.
I'd like to suggest you try to use line and clustered column chart which allows you to add an additional line to the raw graph.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Dunner2020 , I doubt there is an option for a vertical line. What do mean by -"showing YTD value (that should stand out) "?

@amitchandak , If you look at the picture x-axis contains the month name. The orange line shows the value until the end of last month. I have created a measure that shows the value year-to-date. I want to show that value in such a way that it should stand out from other graphs. Is there any other way of doing that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.