Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

electrobrit
Post Patron
Post Patron

Various Number Tiles and % change

I'm on my first project in Power BI so excuse me if this is simple.

If I have a status column and want to show  large number tiles with a count of those status values. How do I do that? I can get total status count but can't figure out the solution to show the actual individual status values

Example:

Status values in one column are: Open, Resolved, Closed and Pending

I want to show large number tiles with specific call-outs:

Count of Open Tickets

Count of Resolved Tickets

Count of Closed Tickets

I have a date column and would also like to show % change (determined by slicer)

An example similar to what I am working on is below.

2016-11-16_21h17_32.png

thank you in advance. Your help is so appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
SwaroopRoyM
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you want to display the Value with the label as "Count of Open Tickets" etc.. and you also want to show the % increase/decrease along with it.

For this you can use "Multi level" card visual, to get the label customized you can create a duplicate column of the value you want to show and rename the column as you need it in the label.

For the %, you can do the calculation in the backend or in Power BI if possible as a separate column/measure and use it for display purpose.

If this helps you then please mark it as answer.

Thanks,

Swaroop

simplistically, first write a measure for each of these status items.  It will be like this

Count of Open Tickets = CALCULATE(countrows(table),table[Status]="Open")

Put each of these measures on a "Card"

But the real answer really depends on your data.  you say you want % change, but how is this information visible in your source data?  To do a % change, it suggests that you have snapshots of your data at different points in time. To provide you with a more detailed answer, you would need to provide information about your tables and data structure - preferable a sample workbook.

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.