Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Variances (% and number) between two different column categories in PBI Matrix

Hello,

I have a matrix where I would like to compare the CO, Gross and Net values between two different forecasting periods (04&08 and 08&04) but I'm struggling to create a measure that will subtract the values for CO, Gross and Net for all areas just like in the example below. I've shown a sample of the columns that I'm looking for. Please help at your earliest convenience.

PBI4.png

Link to PBI:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1naFYtkn8EJ-PuG2puDKUP0b6qm3qzaWi/view?usp=sharing

Link to Sample Data:https://drive.google.com/file/d/15X2O5kMW-xko0KMEl1HAqETtQHZTB33B/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in Advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can try this method:

Because I can't open your link below, so I create the sample data in your picture:

vyinliwmsft_0-1666753086390.png

Then use the measure to show the 04&08 and 08&04 column:

04&08Reforecast = SUM('Table'[04&08]) 

08&04Reforecast = SUM('Table'[08&04])

Then new measure:

Variance = 'Table'[08&04Reforecast] - 'Table'[04&08Reforecast]

Percent = DIVIDE('Table'[Variance], 'Table'[04&08Reforecast])

And you can change the format here:

vyinliwmsft_1-1666753266875.png

vyinliwmsft_2-1666753294049.png

Here is the result.

Is this what you expect?

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yinliw-msft ,

Thank  you for your response. I'm not sure why you were not able to see the sample data but here is what it looks like here:PBI4-1.png

The data structure is a bit different which is part of the reason why I'm struggling with this. I created a new measure for Gross, Charge outs(dividing by $1M) and Net (Gross-Chargeouts) so essentially I'm trying to find variances between two types (04&08 and 08&04) for 3 different measures in one column. Would you have any insight into that without having to restructure my data set? Let me know if you need more info.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.