Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Variance between two measures

I have a set of data with a Year-Week column.

I want to create a couple of measures for This Year QUS and Last Year QUS so I can see the year on year variance.

So effectively it will show Year-Week 2018-50 as one measure and 2017-50 as another.

Also, when I have a slicer with the Year-Weeks in if I selected 2018-49 it would then show 2017-49.

If I had a date column I could use SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR but unfortunately I don't

Variance Power BI.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

You may create the Year column and Week column. Then you may get the last year QUS as below.

LastYearQUS =
CALCULATE (
    [QUS],
    FILTER (
        ALL ( Table ),
        Table[Year]
            = SELECTEDVALUE ( Table[Year] ) - 1
            && Table[Week] = SELECTEDVALUE ( Table[Week] )
    )
)

2.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

You may create the Year column and Week column. Then you may get the last year QUS as below.

LastYearQUS =
CALCULATE (
    [QUS],
    FILTER (
        ALL ( Table ),
        Table[Year]
            = SELECTEDVALUE ( Table[Year] ) - 1
            && Table[Week] = SELECTEDVALUE ( Table[Week] )
    )
)

2.png

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-cherch-msft How do I remove the ALL function as this is hindering my filtering?

Hi @Anonymous

I would suggest you create a new thread on forum so that more community members can see it and provide advice. Please remember to post dummy data and desired result.

Regards,

Cherie

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I was to turn this into a matrix and add a column to the table how can I do this? Because we are using the ALL function is it just giving a total in all columns rather than filtering it

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.