Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LinkeLoutje
Regular Visitor

Variable target weight

Hi, I'm looking at a logistics dashboard where targets need to be readjusted based on the current period and since I'm new to PowerBI I'm looking for the best method. 

The situation is as follows. 

We need to have the freight planned early. Therefore it is needed to look 13 weeks into the future to check whether contracts are sealed. For example: We expect to move 400 tonnes of freight. 13 weeks ahead we need to make sure 75% of our target is planned. 

Thus the target from the cube will correctly list 400 tonnes as a target, but 13 weeks ahead it should list 300 tonnes. However, while we move in time the weight of the target should go up until 100%, thus 400 tonnes, 4 weeks ahead. 

Where and how can I add the variability?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Floriankx
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello you could try to use DATEDIFF

13Weeks:=CALCULATE(SUM(Freigt[Weight]),DATESINPERIOD(TODAY(),13*7,days))

%13Weeks:=Divide([13Weeks]/400

With 4 weeks it is similar.

Thanks Florian,

I did think about something like it, but the thing is that the weight is going down per week, from week 4 onwards, until being 0%. I believe the formula will become increasingly complicated?

Hello, can you give some simplified sample data and your expected result?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.