Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bmcminn
Helper II
Helper II

Values show in transform but not in data

Hello. I'm new to Power BI. Thanks for your help.

I have three tables in my model, all csv files. For one of the tables, the values don't appear in the data view. They do for the other two tables, and in transform they appear for all three files. I think these images will do a better job than I can describe in words.

I'm using PBI Desktop Version: 2.107.841.0 64-bit (July 2022)

data view 1.pngdata view 2.pngmodel view.pngtransform view.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @bmcminn 

I saw the values in Power Query editor, what I mean is that all the rows in your original CSV were active so you loaded all 1,048,575 rows including those blank rows. So how many rows did you expect in your original file?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @bmcminn 

My guess is that you loaded all blank rows, the total rows of the "blank" table shown all rows were active in original CSV, you can use the Power Query editor to remove blank rows or make sure you don't have all blank rows active in your original file.

Hello.

I'm not sure, but I believe there are values in the file, they can be seen in the transform view. They are also available for calculations making new columns. And also for making relationships in the model view.

Thank you.

Hi @bmcminn 

I saw the values in Power Query editor, what I mean is that all the rows in your original CSV were active so you loaded all 1,048,575 rows including those blank rows. So how many rows did you expect in your original file?

You're totally correct @Vera_33 , that's exactly what it was. As soon as I removed all the blank rows (689,777 of them), the data view shows the fields filled.

I appreciate your help. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.